Coronavirus figures for every area in Lancashire on Monday, June 8
Written by Skywave Radio News on June 8, 2020
Lancashire has seen the smallest increase in coronavirus cases in nearly two months, according to today’s figures from Public Health England.
Burnley and Hyndburn were the only areas of the county to record new cases in the last 24 hours.
No new cases were recorded in Blackburn with Darwen, Blackpool, Chorley, Fylde, Lancaster, Pendle, Preston, Ribble Valley, Rossendale, South Ribble, West Lancashire and Wyre.
There are now 4,794 cases of coronavirus confirmed in Lancashire as a whole, but it is highly likely that cases where no symptoms have been shown are not included in this figure due to limited testing being done.
Confirmed cases of Covid-19by borough as of June 8:
- Blackburn with Darwen – 416 (-), 279.3 per 100,000
- Blackpool – 662 (-), 475.2 per 100,000
- Burnley – 196 (+1), 221.4 per 100,000
- Chorley – 350 (-), 299.6 per 100,000
- Fylde – 267 (-), 334.7 per 100,000
- Hyndburn – 151 (+1), 186.8 per 100,000
- Lancaster – 804 (-), 557.4 per 100,000
- Pendle – 191 (-), 209 per 100,000
- Preston – 464 (-), 327.2 per 100,000
- Ribble Valley – 102 (-), 169.8 per 100,000
- Rossendale – 177 (-), 249.7 per 100,000
- South Ribble – 263 (-), 238 per 100,000
- West Lancs – 380 (-), 333.5 per 100,000
- Wyre – 371 (-), 333.6 per 100,000
Four more coronavirus deaths have been recorded at Lancashire hospital trusts, according to today’s NHS figures.
All four patients died at Blackpool Teaching Hospitals. One was recorded on May 20, one on June 5 and two on June 6.
No deaths were recorded at Lancashire Teaching Hospitals, which manages Preston and Chorley, University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS Foundation Trust, East Lancashire Hospitals NHS Trust or Southport and Ormskirk Hospital NHS Trust.
It brings the Lancashire hospitals death toll to 914.
For the latest news and breaking news visit the LancsLive website.
Get all the big headlines, pictures, analysis, opinion and video on the stories that matter to you.
To keep updated, follow LancsLive on Facebook and @LiveLancs on Twitter.
Have you got news for us? Contact our newsdesk on email@example.com
You can sign up for free daily updates with the LancsLive newsletter here.