Coronavirus figures for every area in Lancashire on Wednesday, June 10
Written by Skywave Radio News on June 10, 2020
Eight areas of Lancashire have recorded no new coronavirus cases, according to Public Health England figures released today (June 10).
A total of eight new cases were confirmed across Lancashire in the last 24 hours – a significant drop on the 27 reported yesterday.
Blackpool and Hyndburn’s tally increased by two while Fylde, Preston, South Ribble and West Lancashire rose by one.
No new cases were recorded in Blackburn with Darwen, Burnley, Chorley, Lancaster, Pendle, Ribble Valley, Rossendale and Wyre.
There are now 4,829 cases of coronavirus confirmed in Lancashire as a whole, but it is highly likely that cases where no symptoms have been shown are not included in this figure due to limited testing being done.
Confirmed cases of Covid-19by borough as of June 10:
- Blackburn with Darwen – 416 (-), 279.3 per 100,000
- Blackpool – 662 (+2), 479.5 per 100,000
- Burnley – 196 (-), 221.4 per 100,000
- Chorley – 354 (-), 303 per 100,000
- Fylde – 272 (+1), 341 per 100,000
- Hyndburn – 153 (+2), 189.3 per 100,000
- Lancaster – 805 (-), 558.1 per 100,000
- Pendle – 191 (-), 209 per 100,000
- Preston – 470 (+1), 331.4 per 100,000
- Ribble Valley – 103 (-), 171.5 per 100,000
- Rossendale – 177 (-), 249.7 per 100,000
- South Ribble – 265 (+1), 239.8 per 100,000
- West Lancs – 382 (+1), 335.2 per 100,000
- Wyre – 377 (-), 339 per 100,000
Eight more coronavirus deaths have been recorded across Lancashire hospital trusts, according to today’s NHS figures.
Five deaths were recorded at Blackpool Teaching Hospitals. They include two on June 8, one on June 6, one on May 21 and one on May 18.
Lancashire Teaching Hospitals, which manages Preston and Chorley hospitals, recorded three deaths. Two patients died on June 8 and one died on June 7.
No deaths were recorded at East Lancashire Hospitals, University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS Foundation Trust and Southport and Ormskirk Hospitals
It brings the Lancashire hospitals death toll to 932.
For the latest news and breaking news visit the LancsLive website.
Get all the big headlines, pictures, analysis, opinion and video on the stories that matter to you.
To keep updated, follow LancsLive on Facebook and @LiveLancs on Twitter.
Have you got news for us? Contact our newsdesk on email@example.com
You can sign up for free daily updates with the LancsLive newsletter here.