Coronavirus figures for every area in Lancashire on Monday, June 15
Written by Skywave Radio News on June 15, 2020
Eight areas of Lancashire have recorded new coronavirus cases, according to Public Health England figures released today (June 15).
A total of 10 new cases were confirmed across Lancashire in the last 24 hours – slightly down on the 12 reported yesterday.
Fylde and Wyre posted the biggest rise with two while cases in six other parts of the county each rose by two.
No new cases were recorded in Burnley, Hyndburn, Pendle, Preston, Rossendale and West Lancashire.
There are now 4,888 cases of coronavirus confirmed in Lancashire as a whole, but it is highly likely that cases where no symptoms have been shown are not included in this figure due to limited testing being done.
Confirmed cases of Covid-19by borough as of June 15:
- Blackburn with Darwen – 420 (+1), 282 per 100,000
- Blackpool – 676 (+1), 485.3 per 100,000
- Burnley – 197 (-), 222.5 per 100,000
- Chorley – 360 (+1), 308.2 per 100,000
- Fylde – 278 (+2), 348.5 per 100,000
- Hyndburn – 156 (-), 193 per 100,000
- Lancaster – 806 (+1), 558.8 per 100,000
- Pendle – 195 (-), 213.3 per 100,000
- Preston – 476 (-), 335.6 per 100,000
- Ribble Valley – 106 (+1), 176.5 per 100,000
- Rossendale – 177 (-), 249.7 per 100,000
- South Ribble – 272 (+1), 246.1 per 100,000
- West Lancs – 387 (-), 339.6 per 100,000
- Wyre – 382 (+2), 343.5 per 100,000
No new deaths have been recorded at Lancashire’s hospitals in their daily coronavirus figures for the first time during lockdown.
The NHS publishes 24 hour mortality data for every hospital trust in England, charting every coronavirus death in their facility.
Today is the first time no new Covid deaths were recorded by Blackpool Teaching Hospitals, East Lancashire Hospitals, Lancashire Teaching Hospitals, which manages Preston and Chorley hospitals, University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS Foundation Trust and Southport and Ormskirk Hospitals since lockdown began.
However, previous weeks have shown a lag in the recording of deaths after weekends.
The daily figures do not include people who died in care homes or other community settings.
So far, 949 lives have been claimed by the virus in our region’s hospitals.
For the latest news and breaking news visit the LancsLive website.
Get all the big headlines, pictures, analysis, opinion and video on the stories that matter to you.
To keep updated, follow LancsLive on Facebook and @LiveLancs on Twitter.
Have you got news for us? Contact our newsdesk on firstname.lastname@example.org
You can sign up for free daily updates with the LancsLive newsletter here.