Four men arrested over shooting at McDonalds drive through
Written by Skywave Radio News on June 20, 2020
Four men have been arrested after a customer was shot while queuing at a McDonald’s drive-through. The 21-year-old victim was targeted as he sat in the front passenger seat of a black Ford Tourneo at the restaurant in Bromborough, Merseyside, on Thursday.
He was treated in hospital for a leg injury and his condition was described as stable.
On Saturday, police said a 23-year-old man from Oxton, a 20-year-old man from Tranmere, a 33-year-old man from Liverpool and a 19-year-old man from Tranmere had been arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to murder.
Inquiries are continuing into the incident which happened at about 5.30pm at The Croft Retail & Leisure Park in Welton Road and detectives still want to speak to a man – whose photograph they released on Friday – who could have vital information.
Detective Inspector Sabi Kaur said: “Four men have been arrested. However an investigation remains ongoing and I would ask anyone with information, dashcam or CCTV footage to please contact us.
“High visibility patrols will remain in the Bromborough area in the upcoming days and although I know there will be considerable concern within the local community, I would like to reassure the public that we are treating the incident as targeted and are pursuing a number of lines of enquiry to ensure those involved are brought to justice.”
Anyone with information can contact Merseyside Police on 0151 709 6010 quoting incident reference 20000355196 or contact the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Published: by Radio NewsHub