Here’s where you can go to the toilet in Preston and Chorley during lockdown
Written by Skywave Radio News on June 30, 2020
With lockdown restrictions continuing to ease and more people socialising outdoors getting access to toilets is proving a big problem.
Due to the lockdown, which has now lasted more than three months, the number of places you can go to across Preston and Chorley and the rest of the county has suddenly collapsed.
While socialising with up to six friends outdoors is now allowed, there’s one thing holding a lot of people back – the lack of toilets.
Many public toilets are yet to be reopened – however a handy map has been launched that shows off all of the loos open and safe to use in the UK during lockdown.
Website Lockdown Loo, created by Thomas and Charles Riley, includes 3,500 ‘loo-cations’ in pubs, shops, supermarkets and service stations across the country that are available for people in a pinch.
The website relies on empathetic members of the public submitting their their local lockdown loos on their website. They can also just send a tip-off which could help a neighbour avoid a tragic trouser accident.
The company spokesman Sir Caughtshort said: “What’s been really touching is, we’ve been sent dozens of messages from people who have said it’s given them the confidence to go out, see friends and shop – which is what we should be doing as lockdown eases and the Summer arrives.
“We hope Lockdown Loo isn’t needed forever but we’re going to keep it going and updated for a long while. Even when pubs reopen, we think there will still be uncertainty about what is and isn’t available.
“Likewise, if we do, heaven forbid, go back into a strict lockdown, we will be back.”
The duo had originally targeted 3,000 locations by July 4 but are now keen to cover the entire country.
LancsLive has put together a list of loos available in Preston and Chorley in case people are caught short:
- Dobbies Garden Centre, Clifton, Preston. Usual facilities available, including disabled access.
- Asda Fulwood, East Way, Fulwood, Preston, PR2 9NP. They are open 7am – 12am (Mon – Fri) 7am – 10pm (Sat) and 10:30am – 4:30pm (Sun). Disabled facilities and baby change facilities are available.
- Fulwood Service Station. Lockdown Loo says: “Open 24hours. Hours may change but we are assured by Shell they are cleaning regularly and doing everything they can to keep their station toilets open.”
- Morrisons superstore, Deepdale, Preston. There are two cubicles with no waiting required. Disabled facilities and baby change facilities are available.
- The Outdoor Market, Preston. There are three toilets, including baby change and disabled. Lockdown Loo says: “Very clean and socially distanced.”
- Fishergate Preston. Lockdown Loo says: “Not much information supplied, perhaps use an alternative.”
- Morrisons supermarket in Leyland, Olympian Way, PR25 3UR. There are male and female loos. Three toilets each, plus one disabled. Toilets are open when the shop is (8am – 10pm). Lockdown Loo says they are ‘clean and socially distances’.
- Asda Clayton Green, Clayton Green Centre, Sheephill Lane, Clayton-Le-Woods, PR6 7JY. The loos are open 7am – 10pm (Mon – Sat) and 11am – 5pm (Sun). Disabled facilities and baby change facilities are available.
- Tesco Chorley, Buckshaw, PR7 7EL. Lockdown Loo says: “We are told toilets at bigger Tesco stores are open under social distancing rules. They may sometimes close for cleaning.”
- Tesco Chorley Extra, PR7 1NW. Lockdown Loo says: “We are told toilets at bigger Tesco stores are open under social distancing rules. They may sometimes close for cleaning.”
- Chorley Market. Lockdown Loo says: “Clean, hand sanitizer available, 5+ toilets available in women’s loo. Opening hours same as the market (Baby Change available).”
- Asda Chorley, Bolton Street, Chorley, PR7 3DL. The loos are open 8am – 10pm (Mon – Sat) and 11am – 5pm (Sun). Disabled facilities and baby change facilities are available.
- Morrisons Chorley. There are outdoor portacabins near the entrance and a disabled toilet.
- Charnock Richard, Chorley Services. Lockdown Loo says: “Open 24hours. Hours may change but we are assured by Shell they are cleaning regularly and doing everything they can to keep their station toilets open.”
Heskin Hall Shopping Village, Wood Lane, Heskin, Chorley, PR7 5PA. The loos are open during shopping centre hours. There are two sets of toilets including three ladies, two gents and one disabled and two gents, two ladies and one disabled. Baby change facilities are also available.
Check out the Lockdown Loo map here.
You can sign up for free daily updates with the LancsLive newsletter here.
For the latest news and breaking news visit the LancsLive website.
Get all the big headlines, pictures, analysis, opinion and video on the stories that matter to you.
To keep updated, follow LancsLive on Facebook and @LiveLancs on Twitter.
Have you got news for us? Contact our newsdesk on email@example.com