Surge in coronavirus cases continues in one area of Lancashire
Written by Skywave Radio News on July 6, 2020
A total of 10 new cases of coronavirus have been reported across Lancashire in the latest round of testing figures from Public Health England.
As of this afternoon (July 6), there are six more confirmed Covid-19 cases in the Blackburn with Darwen area, with cases now topping 1,000.
Blackburn with Darwen has recorded the most new cases in the daily figures for most of the past week.
Further cases have been confirmed in the boroughs of Pendle, South Ribble, and Wyre.
It marks a decrease in the number of new cases recorded, with 16 confirmed yesterday.
No new cases have been reported in Blackpool, Burnley, Chorley, Fylde, Hyndburn, Lancaster, Preston, Ribble Valley, Rossendale and West Lancashire.
There are now 8,646 cases of coronavirus across the whole of Lancashire.
The data is now based on people being tested both through Pillar 1, which is in hospitals, and Pillar 2, which are through drive-through test centres and swabs sent by post.
Confirmed cases of Covid-19 by Lancashire borough as of July 6, with increases in brackets:
- Blackburn with Darwen: 1,005 (+6), 674.8 per 100,000
- Blackpool: 1,016 (0), 729.3 per 100,000
- Burnley: 438 (0), 494.8 per 100,000
- Chorley: 669 (0), 572.7 per 100,000
- Fylde: 439 (0), 550.3 per 100,000
- Hyndburn: 317 (0), 392.3 per 100,000
- Lancaster: 880 (0), 610.1 per 100,000
- Pendle: 421 (+2), 460.6 per 100,000
- Preston: 1,147 (0), 808.8 per 100,000
- Ribble Valley: 190 (0), 316.4 per 100,000
- Rossendale: 281 (0), 396.4 per 100,000
- South Ribble: 506 (+1), 457.8 per 100,000
- West Lancs: 713 (0), 625.7 per 100,000
- Wyre: 622 (+1), 559.2 per 100,000
No new deaths have been recorded in Lancashire’s hospitals in today’s daily NHS figures.
A total of 15 more people with the virus have now died across England’s hospitals.
You can sign up for free daily updates with the LancsLive newsletter here.
For the latest news and breaking news visit the LancsLive website.
Get all the big headlines, pictures, analysis, opinion and video on the stories that matter to you.
Have you got news for us? Contact our newsdesk on email@example.com.