SkyWave Radio UK

Your Station Your Way!

Current track

Title

Artist

Current show

Current show


News

Page: 6

David De Gea needs to change his approach to “stop the erosion” of his form and confidence, according for former Manchester United defender Gary Neville. The Spain international goalkeeper was heavily criticised for not keeping out Steven Bergwijn’s strike in Friday night’s 1-1 Premier League draw at Tottenham. Roy Keane, another ex-United captain, fumed at […]

The number of Universal Credit claims made by the over-50s more than doubled between March and May, a new study suggests. There were 660,000 claims last month, compared with 304,000 in March, according to an analysis of official data by Rest Less, a jobs, money and lifestyle site for the over-50s. The increase highlights the […]

Boris Johnson will discuss reopening the hospitality sector and loosening the two-metre social-distancing rule in England with his top Cabinet colleagues and scientists. The Prime Minister and his most senior ministers will on Monday discuss the next steps for the lockdown with chief scientific adviser Sir Patrick Vallance and chief medical officer for England Professor […]

More than half of Scots now back independence, according to a new poll which found 54% in support. Think tank Business for Scotland commissioned the Panelbase survey, which questioned 1,070 Scots aged over 16 and found 54% back Scotland leaving the UK, while 46% oppose it. Undecided respondents were removed from the figures and accounted […]

A Royal Navy frigate has shadowed a Russian destroyer as it sailed through the English Channel. Portsmouth-based HMS Westminster, along with patrol ship HMS Tyne, monitored the passage of the Russian warship Vice Admiral Kulakov. Commander Will Paston, the commanding officer of the Type 23 frigate, said: “The Royal Navy routinely monitors the passage of […]

Labour Leader Sir Keir Starmer said this is “not a time for party politics” and that he is willing to work with the Government to see if there are “lessons that can be learned” following the Reading terror attack. He said: “It’s horrific that it happened at all wherever it happened, and across Reading, across […]

The Duke of Cambridge smiles as he is surrounded by his three children in new pictures marking both his birthday and Father’s Day. William turns 38 on Sunday, and was pictured at his Anmer Hall mansion on the Sandringham estate in Norfolk, where he has been staying with the Duchess of Cambridge, and their children […]

Prime Minister Boris Johnson said a multiple stabbing attack in Reading is “appalling”. as at least two people are being treated in hospital. A man is currently in police custody following the incident, which a security source told the PA news agency is suspected to be terror-related. In response to the attack, Mr Johnson tweeted: […]

London City Airport reopens on Sunday after being closed to commercial flights for nearly three months. The airport has introduced a series of new safety and hygiene measures, including enhanced cleaning, limiting terminal access to those with a ticket and mandatory face coverings. Its first flight following the restart will be operated by Loganair on […]

A charity has urged the Government to co-fund research into why people from a black, Asian and minority ethnic (BAME) background appear more likely to develop allergies. The Natasha Allergy Research Foundation (NARF), set up by the parents of teenager Natasha Ednan-Laperouse, who died from anaphylaxis in 2016, claims the issue has received little attention. […]